As our organization grows, we are always excited to announce new and talented team members. We welcomed Abby to our team mid-January as the Support Coordinator. Abby will be wearing multiple hats as she helps the organization achieve success across various departments.
We asked Abby some questions to get to know her a little bit better, read her responses below.
- Why are you excited to be a part of the Sweet Cheeks Team?
- I think that Sweet Cheeks is filling an incredibly crucial need in the community and I am really excited to be a part of this team doing such great work! I am really looking forward to learning as much as I can about being a part of a non-profit organization as well. Plus, everyone here is so nice and welcoming, which always makes things more fun.
- If you could write a book about your life, what would the title be and why?
- If I could write a book about my life, the title would probably be, “It’s Worth a Shot.” I chose this title because I love to try new things and have new experiences. I try to be open and willing to pursue new and different things and oftentimes you end up with an awesome experience or at least a memorable adventure.
- What advice would you give to your teenage self?
- I would tell my teenage self to keep trying new things and not to worry. It will be fun along the way and you will find your groove eventually.
- What’s your favorite way to unwind after a busy day?
- After a busy day, my favorite thing to do is curl up on the couch with my boyfriend, our two dogs, and some soft blankets to watch some trashy reality TV. I would call it my guilty pleasure, but I am not ashamed! It is just so good!
- If you could choose a superpower, what would it be?
- I think that I would choose to be able to control the temperature around me. I am almost always freezing and if I’m not freezing, I’m probably sweating, so it’d be nice to be able to be at a more comfortable temperature.